- Please prepare two days before your session by drinking half your body weight in ounces of water daily (Ex: if you weight 150 pounds you would drink 75 ounces of water each day prior to your colonic). This helps to ensure that you are well-hydrated for your session.
- Refrain from food or beverage two hours prior to your appointment.
- Your body responds best to treatment when it is relaxed. Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment so you do not feel rushed or in a hurry. Take a few minutes before the session to take a few deep breathes and settle into being in the present moment. Everyone is nervous at their first colon hydrotherapy session, we promise to take good care of you and will do everything we can to make you as comfortable as possible.
- Try to avoid caffeine, dairy products, alcohol, red meats, shell fish, fried foods, sugar, and processed carbohydrates (white rice, pasta, baked goods), for as long as you can leading up to your appointment. These acidic foods produce more mucus that may congest the colon.
- Focus on eating more vegetables, green smoothies, green juices, whole fruits, proteins such as fish, lentils, beans, nuts, and seeds, and gluten free whole grains like quinoa, brown rice, potatoes, corn, millet, amaranth, polenta, tapioca, etc.
- We encourage that you eat light and easy to digest foods for the remainder of the day. Try steamed vegetables, green juices or smoothies, clear broth soups, light fish and soft whole grains. Avoid rich heavy foods like dairy, red meat, alcohol and breads.
- You will feel fine to return to work or go about your day as normal. Most people feel energetic, light and in a very positive mood after a colon hydrotherapy session.
Frequently asked questions:
Are their any contraindications to colon hydrotherapy?
The following conditions are all contraindicated for colon hydrotherapy:
Kidney Disease Heart Disease Pregnancy Fissures Fistulas G.I. Hemorrhage Colon/Rectal Cancer Colon/Rectal Surgery Abdominal Hernia Severe Hemorrhoids
If you have suffered a spinal injury in your past an opened system colon hydrotherapy session may be better suited for you than our closed system.
For more information please contact our office at 630-945-3867
How is the session administered?
Your initial consultation begins with a walk through of the whole procedure. We explain the filtration system, the mechanics of the session, and answer any questions you may have with regards to what to expect during and after the session.
Is the treatment painful?
No, 99% of clients say it is much more comfortable than they ever imagined it to be.
Is Colon Hydrotherapy sanitary and safe?
Yes, we use one time use disposable speculum kits and all the table coverings are disposable.
How many colonics will I need?
We recommend that you schedule one session to try it out and see if colon hydrotherapy is right for you. Based on how your body responds during the colon hydrotherapy session will let us know if additional sessions would be beneficial.
Will laxatives or enemas accomplish the same results?
No, enemas usually only reach the sigmoid and lower descending colon where as a colon hydrotherapy session administers water to the entire colon. Laxatives cause a spastic contraction of the colon. A colon hydrotherapy session uses warm filtered water to dilute impacted fecal waste throughout the entire colon which is then eliminated by your body's own peristaltic movement.